Thursday, December 11, 2008

Was I right, or was I right?

Chasie had her first dentist appointment today. It's safe to say that my worst fears did not come true (phew!!!!!) She didn't bite the dentist. However, she was far from cooperative. Well, that's not completely true. She did GREAT for the x-rays. And when the dentist was just looking and poking around, she did fine with that too. She didn't start freaking out until they tried to put the sealant on. It took about 5 minutes to get her to stop covering her mouth with her hands, and she had to lay on my lap the entire time, which just about KILLED me seeing as I'm 8 months pregnant, and it's not the most comfortable position to be laying down with 32 pounds resting on my belly. Anyway, they managed to get sealant on ONE tooth. Then she freaked out and refused to do any more. No biggie, we will just try again in 6 months. So, we left, got just outside the office door, and she decided that she wanted to go back in and finish. I tried explaining to her that it wasn't her turn anymore and that we would have to come back another day. Well, that didn't sit right with her, and she wigged out. (Those of you who have ever witnessed her wig out...imagine that times 10) It was TERRIBLE!! I had to carry her out of the office kicking and screaming...slapping me in the face. People in the waiting room were just sitting there in shock...staring with googlie eyes. I glared at every single one of them and left. It took what seemed to be 20 minutes to get her into her car seat, then I had the joy of listening to her scream her head off for most of the ride home. I have never seen a child as stubborn as her. I don't know what I have done wrong. I like to tell myself that is just her strong personality, and that maybe someday it will come in handy. As for now,...I will restrain myself from strangling her while she has her "moments". Here's a picture of her before the dentist arrived...she looks so sweet huh? Yea, looks are very deceiving....

0 comments: